Pages

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Cross Country Fun Run

The Amazing Race (Abdullah vs Fiky)


Hurry, hurry, hurry is all I’m thinking of, waiting for my turn, it’s taking too long.
If i come first I will be amazed that’s how I want to, that’s how everyone want’s to feel. I will do two laps if anyone tries to block me I’ll go through the gaps.

Finally my run has bumped into me. “Ready, set, GO!!! “Boom boom boom!!!” I have to sprint incredibly quick, Hanok, Seoram and Fiky right in front of me, they all went past, I don’t want to come last. All of them are speedy, that's not perfect. To tell the truth it’s not all about being boost'y it actually is about pas’e and stamina. Jog, jog, jog is the word. I just started but I’m still coming last. Stand up and never say never because this race is going to get better, take a breath “Go!!!”

This race is weird because there’s up and down hill’s, before this day and race we had drills, run around people’s house and neighbourhoods. “Yes!!” I’m coming third, I’ll see if I can come first, coming last is the worst. Finally, my first lap has finished. “NO!!” that’s not pleasant my shoe lace is untied. I need to run as speedy as flash because Fiky’s behind me, but I can't waste my all energy. I’ll just run, run, run. Unbelievably I can't see Fiky behind me, he can’t be in front, he’s probably walking. “Woohh!!” I have time to tie my laces. “Nope”!! He’s not walking, he’s sprinting! I don’t have time to tie my laces because he’s catching up! I’m extremely close to finishing my second lap. That means I can sprint harder then flash. I’m nearly their, finished.

Fiky’s still running, wait a second, that’s not Fiky - that's someone else! My heart is pumping but it is worth it. “Yes!!” I get to win and wear a bronze medal. It feels awesome. Finally I get to rest. Now I can watch and cheer others. I have improved  from last year. I came third but I’m not going to say winning isn’t everything because the person that said winning isn’t everything never won anything and winning isn’t everything because winning is the only thing. 

- By Abdullah



Well done to everyone who participated in this year's fun run. An even bigger congratulations to our place getters from Room 13:

Brianna who came 3rd in the Year 6 Girls Race
Luciano who came 3rd in the Year 5 Boys Race
Lilly who came 2nd in the Year 6 Girls Race
Noah who came 2nd in the Year 5 Boys Race


...and a massive congratulations to the four boys (all from Room 13) who challenged themselves and entered into the 2 lap race. 

Hanok - 1st place
Seo Ram - 2nd place
Abdullah - 3rd place
Fiky - 4th place

These boys represented May Road School in the Zone Cross Country Finals.  
AWESOME EFFORT BOYS!!! 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment